Ages: 6 – 7 years
Grade 1 is 5 days a week from 8:00am to 3:00pm (snack and lunch included) with the option of After School Clubs. Grade 1 has one teacher and one co-teacher.
Students in Grade 1 at MYIS:
- Implement self motivation as a way to put learning expectations into action.
- Model independence in learning.
- Participate in Thai language and culture class in order to embrace the host country.
- Support the teaching and learning by incorporating the use of technology into daily experiences, including the use of smart boards, Personal Computers, Laptops, iPads, digital cameras and the internet.
- Embrace the concept of homework as a means of facilitating the development of ‘life-long’ learning connections and building relationships with families to further connect school and home learning experiences.
Program of Inquiry
Transdisciplinary Theme: Who We Are
Central Idea: Individual choices can influence our wellbeing
Transdisciplinary Theme: Where We Are in Place and Time
Central Idea: Artifacts and personal stories connect us to the past, present and future
Power of Imagination
Transdisciplinary Theme: How We Express Ourselves
Central Idea: Imagination is a powerful tool for extending our ability to think, create and express ourselves
Our Changing Earth
Transdisciplinary Theme: How the World Works
Central Idea: The natural features of the earth have formed and changed over time
Transdisciplinary Theme: How We Organize Ourselves
Central Idea: Rules and routines impact on how people live, work and play
Structures and Designs
Transdisciplinary Theme: Sharing the Planet
Central Idea: The design and building of structures is dependent on the needs of society