Ages: 7 – 8 years
Grade 2 is 5 days a week from 8:00am to 3:00pm (snack and lunch included) with the option of After School Clubs. Grade 2 has one teacher and one co-teacher.
Students in Grade 2 at MYIS:
- Participate in a balanced Language program focusing on reading, writing, listening, speaking, viewing and presenting.
- Model independence and direct their learning through their own curiosity and personal inquiries.
- Develop conceptual understanding of Mathematics through hands-on activities and rich learning tasks.
- Participate in Thai language and culture class in order to embrace the host country.
- Integrate technology across the curriculum to enrich learning, including the use of iPads, students blogs, video and the internet.
- Embrace the concept of home learning as a means of facilitating the development of ‘life-long’ learning.
Program of Inquiry
Transdisciplinary Theme: Who We Are
Central Idea: Body systems work together to keep people alive
Transdisciplinary Theme: Where We Are in Place and Time
Central Idea: Learning about previous generations helps us understand and learn from the past
Transdisciplinary Theme: How We Express Ourselves
Central Idea: People use different art forms to express themselves
Transdisciplinary Theme: How the World Works
Central Idea: People apply their understanding of scientific principles to invent and create
Transdisciplinary Theme: How We Organize Ourselves
Central Idea: Planning an event requires organization and collaboration to be successful
Transdisciplinary Theme: Sharing the Planet
Central Idea: Water is an essential resource for human survival