Ages: 4 – 5 years
The Creativity Class offers a wealth of experiences for the children. The daily schedule includes: calendar activities, job charts, discussion and reflection, centers, outdoor play, specials, snack and lunch.
Through the Unit of Inquiry, the children delve deeper into the transdisciplinary subjects:
- Science (human body, environment, water, etc.)
- Social Studies (the family, different cultures, maps, etc.)
- Visual Arts (paper mache, paint, clay, collage, etc.)
- Language Arts (class discussions, dramatic play, writing, reading, phonics, etc.)
- Math (sorting, counting, measuring, shape recognition, etc.)
The program is 5 days a week from 8:15am to 2:00pm (lunch included) with the option of After School Clubs. The Creativity Class has one head teacher, one co-teacher and a shared nanny for each class.
Programme of Inquiry:
Transdisciplinary Theme: Who We Are
Central Idea: We use play to make meaningful connections and come to new understandings in our lives.
Transdisciplinary Theme: How We Express Ourselves
Central Idea: Sharing our feelings and ideas drives us to develop effective was to communicate.
Transdisciplinary Theme: How the World Works
Central Idea: Air has many properties which we observe and use.
Caring for Living Things
Transdisciplinary Theme: Sharing the Planet
Central Idea: Living things have certain requirements in order to live, grow and stay healthy.