We continue to feel grateful for our ability to return to-campus with our students this week; seeing our students learning and happy each day is such a joy for all of us. We recognize that our ability to safely reopen campus has truly been a community effort, and we are so appreciative of our parents, students, teachers and staff for the strict adherence to our COVID-19 protocols.
With the resurgence of COVID-19 cases globally and the rapid transmission of infection due to the Omicron strain, we are taking extra precautions to try and limit exposure within our MYIS community, including:
- Negative PCR tests from all community members who have recovered from COVID-19
- Daily ATK testing for those members returning from International travel until they receive their 3rd negative PCR test
- Students with any cold and flu symptoms are asked to remain home
- All community members are doing ATK tests and recording their results three times a week
The pandemic continues to highlight the strength of our MYIS community. Without the support and understanding of everyone, we would not be able to be on campus.
Thank you for your continued support with:
- Keeping your children at home if they are displaying any cold and flu symptoms. This ensures our campus is clean and our student’s exposure to potential germs is minimal.
- Your flexibility and understanding, and open communication. With classes operating on campus and through Distance Learning, your ongoing communication with teachers has been greatly appreciated.
- Being careful and safe outside of school hours to reduce the risk of exposure. We ask that your families remain masked, stay socially distanced, avoid crowded areas and continue to regularly wash/sanitize your hands.
Next week we will continue to require ATK tests 3 times a week and ensure our campus is regularly cleaned, operating in bubbles and symptom-free. If you have any concerns or questions, please continue to reach out to the PLT (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Khanum, Mel & Tahireh